When families visit the Destin Boardwalk, they can expect a lot of fun things to do for kids of all ages. From dolphin tours to laser games, there is something to do from morning to night. Here is a breakdown of all the kid friendly activities on the Boardwalk (No specific order).
1) Dolphin Tours – Dolphin cruises are without a doubt the most popular kid friendly thing to do on the Harbor. There are various dolphin tour companies along the boardwalk that offer dolphin tours ranging from 1-2 hours. These tour boats will not have to go far to find dolphins as they are in abundance in the East Pass, Harbor and Bay. Depending on the tour, the captain and crew will give the passengers history and facts about the dolphins. Dolphin tours run year round so there is never a bad time to catch a dolphin tour.
2) Fishing Trips – Fishing is the main attraction on the Harbor as the Destin Harbor is host to dozens of charter fishing vessels. Most children may not be able to handle a long deep sea fishing trip because of the choppy seas, but there are many shorter trips that most kids can do well on. Fishing trips include bait, tackle and license. It’s recommended to do 4 hours or less with younger children.
3) Snorkeling – Destin is popular for it’s emerald green waters that are clean and clear. Snorkelers can enjoy guided trips to the East Jetty while swimming with the native fish. Tours run daily during the Summer season. Typically all gear is included in these trips. This trip may not be suitable for infants or toddlers, but children that are able to wade in shallow water or feel comfortable with snorkel masks will do just fine.
4) Laser Maze and Fun Zone – At the Harbor Walk Village, there are several things to do for kids. They have a laser maze course right by the main stage that is exciting and fun for the entire family. Race through the course without hitting the lasers. Compete with your friends and family for the best time. A little further east you will see the giant hamster balls that kids glide across the pond in. Right next door to that is the bungee jump area (It’s not really a bungee jump, but I can’t figure out what it’s really called).
5) Kayak and Paddleboard Rental – There are several locations to rent a paddleboard or kayak. Tour through the harbor and bay for a fun time on the water. There are smaller boards that are great for children and kayaks built for two. Rentals are available year round depending on the weather.
6) Parasailing – Kids with a little guts can soar 500 feet in the air on a parasail. Most companies will not fly kids under 6, but it’s still an exciting activity for the adventurous families. Flights are available daily depending on weather. Don’t worry Mom’s, it’s very safe and all captains go through a lot of training and practice to do their job safe and proper.
Sticky Fingers is a “SUPER GROUP” featuring heavy hitters, who weave pure lyrical bliss into authentic ass kickin’ rock and roll energy. Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me to introduce, “The Heir Apparent To The Rolling Stones’ Throne”. And they are heading to Harborwalk TOMORROW! May 3rd…7pm!
Sticky Fingers is a super group that delivers with surgical precision. The band features a roster of iconic Rolling Stones alumni. The mates, by way of experience, talent and raw artistic expression, create an apogee of rock n’ roll custom-made for music mavens. Fans who have the privilege and opportunity of attending one of their dynamic, high energy shows will undoubtedly “Get Their Ya’s Ya’s Out”!
These are the most famous rock and roll guys and graduates of the Rolling Stones’ school of rock. There is no shortage of wattage with members like guitarist ne plus ultra Waddy Wachtel. Wachtel is one of the only outside guitar players to ever play on a Rolling Stones album. Waddy is Keith Richards’ personal bandmate and guitarist in Keith’s solo project monikered as the “X-Pensive Winos”. Sticky Fingers’ drummer is none other than Kenny Aronoff who played the tracks on Mick Jagger’s recent album “Goddess in The Doorway.” This man in the pocket was also first choice to perform percussion on the Rolling Stones’ album Bridges to Babylon. Bassist Kenny Aaronson was auditioned by the Rolling Stones when Bill Wyman retired and was also honored as Bassist of the year by Rolling Stone Magazine. Sax man Bobby Keys, THE brass legend in his own right, earned Rolling Stones magazine’s title of “sexiest sax solo in rock ‘n roll history” for his performance in “Can’t You Hear Me Knockin ?,”from the album STICKY FINGERS. Bernard Fowler’s vocals are legendary and are featured on more albums that receive airplay than any other contemporary musician in history.
Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP) is a sport that everyone can enjoy, regardless of your age, ability or size. Touted as the perfect whole body and core workout, SUP or “walking on water” is the most peaceful way to get out and experience nature while you’re exercising. It improves balance, coordination, strength and endurance, while reducing stress and invigorating the mind. GUSU PaddleSports here in Destin, saw a need to bring a retail store and fitness studio to the Destin community and visitors alike… hence The Xperience was born.
Located at 111 Harbor Blvd., Destin, FL, across from Harborwalk and the new Destin Boardwalk, The Xperience is much more than your typical outdoor paddlesport store, offering the best and largest selection of boards and accessories, both in-store and online (coming soon). The Xperience is proud to feature a large, beautiful indoor studio, offering a variety of fitness classes. Their fitness center has already morphed into a common area supporting a variety of disciplines. Experience all levels of yoga, weekly workshops, paddleboard yoga and pilates, aerial yoga, along with the newest in fitness innovations such as: Surfset System, Bootcamps, Kickboxing, Zumba, Biking/ SUP Trails and Personal Trainers. Whether you’re gliding on the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or suspended in the air, The Xperience leaves you feeling balanced, energized, and stoked to be alive. The Xperience has the most experienced trainers helping you workout your entire body; core, legs, arms, back, and brain..say goodbye to your love handles: Whether you are a beginner that would like to ease into the flow or an advanced student that would like to continue to grow in the practice and be challenged…there is something for everyone!
The Xperience is your local connection to a number of top paddlesport brands and suppliers such as: Body Glove, Burton, Freewaters, Ocean Minded, Surfquest, Maui Jim and so many more. These products are now available in their amazing new showroom as well as on their new website, which is launching in a few weeks. Along with the thousands of sporting products, The Xperience will feature the brilliant artwork of Pensacola artist Ashton Howard, who will also be painting a mural for The Xperience Grand Opening! If your looking for a new and exciting adventure this summer…head on down to 111 Harbor Blvd…and get Xperienced!
For further information call 850-460-7300 or visit their website (Coming soon) www.TheXperienceDestin .com
It’s not too late to register for the flat head classic! Check out the official website for rules and tournament info.
The official Destin Boardwalk.com t-shirts are now on sale! Receive $2 OFF when you buy online (Reg. $22). Visit our store at www.destinboardwalk.com/store/ to buy.
Show your support for the Destin Boardwalk by displaying your new Destin Boardwalk sticker..on your car, van, SUV, motorcycle, bike, IPAD…anywhere you have a naked 4″ x 4″ space just dying to get some attention! Does that sound right? Anyways…you get your FREE Stickers at various location in and around the Destin Boardwalk and throughout the Destin Area. Some locations that currently have some are: Olin Marler Charters…Pelican Adventures…San Gelato (on the Boardwalk)…Destin Banana Boat Rides…just to name a few!